TRAVEL / TRANSPORTATION / LODGING / RECREATION INFORMATION
If you are traveling from out of town to attend your Pastry Palace classes, we’d like to give you a little information about opportunities for travel, local transportation and lodging.
Pastry Palace is located at 4523 W. Sahara Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89102.
Our phone number is (702) 251-1555.
We are 11 miles from McCarran International Airport – and only 3 miles from the famed Las Vegas Strip.
From McCarran Airport, take the I-215 west to I-15 north. Exit I-15 at Sahara Ave., turn left (west) on Sahara (traveling under the freeway). Drive 1.7 miles – Pastry Palace is on the left (south) side of Sahara Ave., located between Arville St. & Decatur Blvd.
Thanks to the popularity of our city for visitors from around the world, there are flights available into Las Vegas from virtually every airport and at pretty much any time of day or night. Note that the sooner you plan your travel, the better your pricing options will be. So book early for the best rates!
If you’re flying in to Las Vegas, there are rental cars available from both on- and off-airport locations. Rates can vary, but renting a vehicle may turn out to be your best option for getting around town – as costs can be very reasonable depending on the dates of your visit.
Las Vegas does offer local transit options – such as
Regional Transportation Commission – Las Vegas Bus Routes. http://www.rtcsnv.com/transit/route/
Las Vegas Monorail – Travels from the MGM Grand to the Sahara Station. http://www.lvmonorail.com/
Las Vegas Cabs – There are multiple cab companies serving the Las Vegas area and they are readily available at all airport and major hotel locations. The average cost for a cab from the airport to our location would be approximately $40 + tip. From Palace Station to our school is approx. $10 + tip.
While there are literally hundreds of lodging opportunities in Las Vegas – and we encourage you to take advantage of excellent rates at the major hotels if you choose. For those who would like to know which hotels and motels are nearest to our location, they are:
2 Miles – Palace Station Casino – 2411 W. Sahara Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89102
2 Miles – Sonoran Suites of Las Vegas – 5353 W. Desert Inn Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89146
3 Miles – Westgate Flamingo Bay at Las Vegas – 5625 W. Flamingo Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89103
3 Miles – Gold Coast Hotel & Casino – 4000 W. Flamingo Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89103
5 Miles – Best Western Plus Las Vegas West – 8669 W. Sahara Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89117
6 Miles – Summerlin Courtyard by Marriott – 1901 N. Rainbow Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89108
6 Miles – La Quinta Inn & Suites-Red Rock/Summerlin – 9570 W. Sahara Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89117
Traveling to Las Vegas to attend the Pastry Palace’s professional decorating courses can be fun all by itself – but as long as you’re in our wonderful city, we certainly recommend that you take a few extra days to enjoy your visit! Just a few ideas of what you can do in Las Vegas are below.
See a show!
- Las Vegas is home to some of the most celebrated, extravagant and highly-regarded shows in the world. While some shows remain in town for long periods of time, there are also new shows the come to Las Vegas all the time (not to mention feature concerts and artist appearances). Be sure to check out what’s in town on your trip!
View Feature Exhibits
- Secret Garden & Dolphin Habitat at The Mirage Hotel
- Flamingo Wildlife Habitat at The Flamingo Hotel
- Conservatory & Botanical Gardens at The Bellagio
- Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art
- Fremont Street Experience
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition – The Luxor Hotel
Enjoy the Outdoors!
- Mount Charleston
- Spring Mountain Ranch State Park
- Springs Preserve
- Hoover Dam / Lake Mead Recreation Area
Shopping & Spoiling Yourself!
- Fashion Show Mall
- Forum Shops at Caesars Palace
- The Shoppes at The Palazzo
- Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian
- Via Bellagio
Nightclubs & Entertainment
- The Bank Nightclub – The Bellagio
- Coyote Ugly Bar and Dance Saloon - NewYork NewYork
- Ghost Bar – The Palms
- House of Blues- Mandalay Bay
- Pure – Caesar’s Palace
- Tao – The Venetian
Other Exciting Things To Do in Las Vegas
- Vegas Indoor Skydiving
- Fremont Street Flightlinez – Downtown
- Adventuredome Theme Park at Circus Circus
- Stratosphere Tower Thrill Rides